Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 7: Takayama


Long, tiring day so I'll be brief. 


Took an hour-long bus to Kamikochi today to go hiking. We were loading up on snacks at the bus stop when I saw a familiar sight. 

Milk from TEP

As we hiked along rivers and ponds high up in the mountains, we had lots of time to clear our minds. Towards the end of the hike we stopped at a small wooden tea stand. "I feel so zen right now, I wish I was a tree" remarked Dick over a cup of green tea. Another great day in the books. 

Great views, better company :)


TIPS AND OBSERVATIONS FROM DAY 7:

- There are no public trash cans on the streets anywhere. If you have a piece of garbage, you're stuck with it for the rest of the day.

- Found some look-alikes:


 Japanese Brett

 Japanese Green

Japanese Segal

5 Japanese Dickies

No comments:

Post a Comment